Sunday, September 7, 2014

Getting Into the Swing of Things

July 3, 2014
Hello Family,
Polish is coming along steadily, but it is still very difficult. I am definitely not in the top half of the learning group is all I can say! But our teachers work really hard to keep us unstressed going through the Monday, Wednesday, and Friday 11 hours of class days. Sunday is the only day without any classes, so they keep us pretty busy here.  There is such a spirit of peace and growth here. I am loving my district and zone and we all get along super well. I am actually even more appreciative of my companions this week as well.
As I continue to reside and learn here at the MTC I just feel my faith growing little by little every week. Before I left on my mission, and sometimes even out here I wonder why I left my life and plans for 18 months. But then God always sends some kind of confirmation of why I am supposed to be out here. I have already mentioned it but there has been so much emphasis on not just having a testimony, but becoming converted. And not just becoming converted to the church, but becoming converted to Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ. And there is no better place to become converted than a mission because your entire day is centered around serving the Lord. It is an honor to look down and see the name of Jesus Christ over my heart on my name tag. Siostra Benson Kosciol Jezusa Chrystusa Swietych W Dniach Ostatnich (missing all of the accents of course). 
My testimony is simple but is growing little by little.  I know that the times in my life when I have been most happy are the times when I have been trying to follow the Gospel of Jesus Christ. The alternative is not worth it, and no matter what other title you hold in life whether it be father, mother, friend, teacher, athlete, business professional, or anything else. The most important title you will ever hold in your life is the title of Disciple of Jesus Christ. My challenge to you all this week, and it may take a bit to  complete, but watch the MTC devotional the Character of Christ by David A. Bednar. It is life changing. It is only a decision that needs to be made once in your life, but CHOOSE HIM! Once and for all... always! It will be the best hardest decision ever but it is worth it.
With Love,
Siostra Ellie Benson



No comments:

Post a Comment