Monday, January 5, 2015

Blackout Year!!!

January 5, 2015 
Dearest Family,
Technically the title of this email doesn't apply because I won't spent exactly 100% of 2015 in Poland, but heck it is close enough. This is going to be my year of change in the mission field. I want to make as many positive changes in my life in the next year as possible. The crazy thing is looking back on the past six months and knowing that it is completely possible. Thus I am going to count it as my blackout year! Bring it on baby!
So many things happened this week, and we don't have much time today so I will keep it brief. I left MLC training last week so inspired. A change happened in me and I couldn't wait until I could share the vision with my zone. On Tuesday we did zone training with most of our zone here in Warsaw and it was amazing. I thought I had learned a lot in preparation but I think as we were able to present I learned even more.  It was probably one of the most powerful meetings of my mission. I know that the stereotype of this mission can change, but only if each individual can change their self first which is the difficult part. Good thing it is a new year, and every day brings a new opportunity to change and be better. Actually sometimes I find myself waiting for that new dawn every day to start over and change. But because of the atonement of Jesus Christ we never have to wait to make those changes, we can start anew and recommit every moment. It is not just enough to be satisfied with where we are at, we must always push for change and becoming more prepared to meet the Savior and our Heavenly Father.
On Wednesday we got to spend New Years Eve at the mission home with President and Sister Edgren and the Warsaw missionaries. Yeah, we Warsaw missionaries are pretty dang blessed, or as the outlying cities call it... spoiled haha! Much to everyone’s delight and surprise President and Sister Edgren somehow got the film Meet the Mormons to watch. It was amazing, especially since I thought I was going to have to wait another year to see it. The hilarious thing was watching some of the Elder's cry when the football scenes came on haha. It was great! We have the best Mission President and mission family ever!!!!
Love Sister Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment