Monday, February 23, 2015

Transfers to the Northern Land

February 23, 2015
Dearest Family,
I am packing my bags and following in the footsteps of my wonderful trainer and going to the Northern seaside city of Gdansk. It is a tri city and covers Gdansk, Sopot, and Gdynia (however you spell all of that)! It is about 5ish hours from Warsaw, and I am honestly really really excited. This is the fresh start that I was looking for. My new companion is Sister Bak from my MTC group and I already have a ton of love and respect for that woman, it's going to be a good transfer, I can feel it. She is also a super crazy adventurer, spunky thing, I am excited! Gdansk is the only date city in the mission, that meaning that it only has two sisters and two elders; definitely a huge change from Warsaw. Here I have had at least 22+ missionaries and at least two other sister sets.  Up there it will be pretty isolated. I am moving to the Bydgoszcz zone, the biggest zone in the mission. Interesting thing with that is that it used to have six sisters. Well Szczeczine got closed to sisters because there weren't enough, and this transfer we lost 4 sisters, were supposed to gain 4 sisters, but only two are showing up. Thus Bydgoszcz is now closed to sisters too. So Sister Bak and I will be the only Sisters in our entire zone. 5 hours from the closest set haha! Crazy, quite a change, but I really look forward to it. Google my new area, it’s beautiful! Sister Tobler loved it, and I have heard really good things. One of my new elders is Elder Whiting who is from Idaho Falls as well, the Dopps know him well, he is a pretty cool elder, I have only met him a few times. I am off on the train early tomorrow morning, lets hope I can refit all of my stuff back into my luggage. Sorry this is all super scatter brained, I am out of time again.

This past week was a good last week in Warsaw. Pretty hard to say goodbye.We had some crazy fun experiences though. Looking back on my past six months in this area and I feel so blessed. A lot of it was definitely not easy, but I look at all of the growth and I am so grateful. People I have met here have changed my life, and will continue to affect my future. This area has brought me Sister Tobler, Anita, Kaja, Molly, Karolina, Wojtek, Slawek, and so many others. My testimony of the gospel has grown so much and I love seeing how my conviction has deepened.
I love this gospel, I love the opportunity that I have had to be a missionary right now, and I love my Heavenly Father and Savior.

Love Sister Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment