Monday, January 26, 2015

Nie Boj Sie, Tylko Wierze! Do Not Fear, Only Believe!

January 26, 2015 
Dear Family,
Its been a pretty good week. Working to the bone as usual. We have been tracking down a lot of less actives on our branch list and trying to keep balanced. Our investigators have been super busy this week so we didn't have a chance to meet with a single one, which was a huge bummer, but I have high hopes for the future with all of them. It is all in the Lords hands.  
I got a bad cold last week, that I just haven't been able to shake quite yet. I should have just taken a day to rest it out when it started getting bad, but I felt guilty for not working and now here I am a week later still coughing my lungs out. I just about lost my lung a few minutes ago when I was coughing and from the dirty looks coming from the people around me I was worried they were going to boot me from the library for being too loud haha. Polish people don't really go out if they are even in the slightest sick, thus everyone looks at me like I have the plague. Oh well:) 
Hmm, what else did we do this week. The gracious Kosanoviches has us over for dinner on Tuesday. Then Wednesday we helped Sister Kosanovich peel like 50 kilo's of apples for apple sauce again. Goodness I love that family! 
I really just appreciate this time on a mission so much. I am forever grateful. I was preparing to teach a lesson the other morning and turned on some Bible videos for ideas. As I watched scenes from Christ's life and ministry play I was just struck with a deep reverence, love, respect, and belief in the Lord Jesus Christ. I know that He lives! There is something deeply personal and peaceful about having such a surety that this is His gospel on the earth today. This is the one true church. I have always believed, had the faith, the testimony, but that conviction makes a world of difference. The key is just trying to always remember it, keep feeding the flame; never let it die. Missions are hard stuff, they take great courage. I love this saying so much in Polish, it is my personal theme now... Nie Boj Sie, Tylko Wierze! It means, do not fear, only believe! Have the courage to always seek the light and share it with others. Eternity is effected by the small choices we make every day. 
I am hopping a train this evening and am off to Lodz on exchanges. Hope that you all have a wonderful week! Love you all. 
Siostra B. 


No comments:

Post a Comment