Monday, January 19, 2015

Winds of Change

January 19, 2015

Hey Family,
Yet another week has passed in the mission field somehow. Something really cool is that I have gotten to play a lot of soccer recently. The elders are working with a couple of less-actives who love to play, thus when there is a game and they need people, they always call Sister Benson because she knows how to get her game on. Actually I am pretty out of shape right now, which hopefully I will be able to change. haha. We shall see.
I finally got sick this week. I always gloated because I am never the companion to get sick, but the sore throat and cough finally caught up with me this week. Not that I have time to deal with that at all right now. I am in a group of singers for the special zone conference with Elder Charles (one of the area authorities) this upcoming Saturday, thus I am going to need my best singing voice.
The work is going well in this part of the vineyard. Winds of change are starting to sweep over the mission, for which I am very grateful. We were trying to instill such a positive mindset with the Elders and Sisters in the past couple of weeks, but then I hit my own rut. Now I am in the process of repenting and changing. The mission doesn't change until the missionaries start to change. Satan has been working so hard on the missionaries right now, because I believe we are on the verge of something great! I believe Poland has the potential to be the stronghold of some of Europe's strongest saints. It’s been a learning and growing experience to watch myself flounder and not know how to help fix things. But this week I am recommitting to do better. I don't ever want to be mediocre again. The more I study the gospel the more my understanding increases. Serving a mission has been the best decision of my life. And I especially can't wait to see what the coming year brings.
Love Siostra Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment