Monday, May 25, 2015

Birthday

May 25, 2015
 So we had a pretty good week over here in Lódż land. My voice recordings record most of the major things that happened this week. I am grateful to be finding more joy in what I am doing as a missionary. Things that I used to absolutely dread are getting better, for example tracting. It has been really fun to travel way out of the cities and talk with different people. Last night we traveled out to Zgierz and did tracting in a beautiful neighborhood right next to this green forest. (too bad my computer erased the pictures). The people who answered were actually decently friendly, and we had a couple of conversations at gates. I am really hoping we find a family amongst all of our newfound tracting places, that would be amazing!!!

New Hair Cut
So I need to be less stuborn and admit more of the miracles we are seeing. I feel like I might downplay miracles sometimes just because they are not what I am looking for or "walk on water" status, but when we look for them they are really there. To start off with, in all of our searching in the past couple of weeks in and out of Lódż we finally have two new investigators. We met one on a whiteboard a couple of weeks ago and had an interesting conversation on the street.  He has a ton of potential. We will probably pass him off to the elders as of right now, but I really think that what we teach can change his life for the better, he also has two young children. I will admit that teaching lessons to investigators is something that has terrified me for most of my mission but now that I understand the language better,  my desire to teach has increased. I truly want and intend to find, teach, and baptize, regardless of my limitations as a missionary. The Lord makes up the rest. I am grateful to see progress in area's that I have previously struggled with such as finding and having a true thriving desire to overcome my nerves and teach it. I am grateful for time to serve my Heavenly Father, and I know that as I do so, I stand alongside with my brother Jesus Christ. I acknowledge that in all of our struggles as missionaries and human beings, we will never experience the persecutions that Christ endured and sufferings he bore while in His earthly ministry and atonement. How he bore it with such grace, humility, love, and longsuffering I do not know, but I know that as we turn to Him, He will show us the way to everlasting life. He is the light of the world, invite him in.


Tuesday we had the cool miracle of running into two previous Poland Warsaw missionaries. Sister Master's, now Sister Murphey and her husband, both served here a couple of years ago. Sister Masters served in the exact cities that I have on my mission thus far, Lódż, Warsaw, and Gdańsk. It was such a blessing to have an opportunity to be uplifted by their conversation and presence. They left my comp and I some treats which was sooooo kind, and then bought my district ice cream. Miracles I say! :D We also had the opportunity to go into Zgierz to teach a part member family about Alma 32 and faith last week. We bought cute little flower seed packets for the mom and her two daughters, and then carrots for daddy, because dad probably doesn’t' want flowers. Then we put a recipe for how to grow your faith on back, so fun! I also showed them pictures of Anni's baptism and Drew's wedding, they were really interested. It was a blessing to be able to share that with them, lessons like that have helped me to increase my desire to share, maybe that and the fact that I understand people a little bit better now haha! Go Polish!

Thank you all so much for the birthday wishes, they were very much appreciated. I booobed when I heard all of the recordings, thanks! :D My district was really kind and let me pick what we are doing for p-day, so we have a fun day planned with bowling and chocolate. Then Sister Bąk my last comp is coming on exchanges tonight! We have a four day exchange and then will get back to our old comps in Warsaw during zone conference on Thursday. It is going to be a good week. I am so blessed. Seriously thank you so much for everything, I love you all dearly and hope that you have a beautiful week. Don't drown in the rain please, haha, I would love to join you all puddle jumping haha! XOXOXO

With Great Love,
Sister Benson

No comments:

Post a Comment